How 100 Women Who Care Geneva Works.....
- At each meeting, three members of 100 Women Who Care Geneva will be chosen at random to present their choice of a local non-profit they wish to nominate to receive the funds from the meeting.
- The member who nominated the non-profit organization will be given 5 minutes at the meeting to present information about the charity and why they feel it should be chosen. They will also be given 5 minutes to answer any questions about the charity that other members may ask.
- After all three charitable organizations are presented, the group will vote to select which organization will receive a donation from 100 Women Who Care Geneva. Only members who are present for the meeting may vote. No absentee voting is allowed.
- The voting will be done by ballot and the majority rules. Each individual member receives 1 vote. Members who join as a part of a team, (whether a team of 2 or a team of 4) vote as a team. This means each team gets 1 vote, not a vote for each member of the team.
- All members are obligated to donate regardless of whether or not the selected charity was their first choice.
- If you presented a charity that does not win, you can resubmit the same charity at our next meeting.
- For your tax purposes, all checks will be made out directly to the chosen organization. If you are unable to attend, please send your check to the meeting with another member to deliver on your behalf.
- The recipient organization must agree to NOT use the donors' names for future solicitations nor give the information out to the public. If the charitable, non-profit organization does not adhere to this condition, they will be removed from any future consideration.
- The donations will be given to charitable, non-profit organizations serving the Tri Cities area. No national charities will be considered. The purpose is for the contribution to stay 100% in the community.